Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ceramics, Part III - Glazing Experiments




Above are sets of images I took of several of my ceramics pieces (you can click on the images for a larger view - use the back button on your browser to get back here). Most of them were completed during my 8-week session at Choplet ceramics studio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, this winter. (The two plates at the bottom were made during a shorter class I took last April at Brick House in Queens.) It was such a great learning experience! My favorite part was experimenting with various glazing techniques - I was guided in this by my class instructor at Choplet, Damien, as well as my friend Christina. Christina showed me how to use an oxide to create the really cool effect on the funky little incense burner (third one down), and served as a general adviser as I scrambled to get all of my glazing experiments into the kiln by the end of the last class.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These pieces are so fun, Sarah! Would you quit it with the talent already? Sheesh.